For Personal Gifts, Click Here! For Tax-Deductible Gifts, See Information Under "About Us"

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Rats, Dogs, and Automobiles

In an earlier post, I mentioned how huge the rats are over here. Cats run from them. Our dog Kipper decided to tangle with one the other night during a monsoonal downpour. We heard nothing because the rain was coming down so hard, you couldn't hear anything. Well, Kipper came dragging in with flesh and hair gone. I have no idea what the rat looked like after this battle, but I hope he looked worse than our dog. I hate rats. I hope they all meet up with a really mean dog or a serious-minded, tough, stand-your-ground type of tomcat!

Driving here in Cambodia is sorta like being in a game of chicken or driving in a demolition derby. It's better experienced than explained. Those of you who've been here know what I mean. All the corrupt officials drive their Landcruisers and their Lexuses and flaunt all traffic laws. There is this pervasive attitude among the elite here that if they are "important" and drive a Landcruiser, that somehow that entitles them to ride your bumper, cut you off, drive on the wrong side of the road to get around traffic just because they are who they are, etc. I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to pray for us for road safety.

No comments: