For Personal Gifts, Click Here! For Tax-Deductible Gifts, See Information Under "About Us"

Friday, July 08, 2005

Saturday

Good morning, everyone! It was a rather cool night in Cambodia last night. We had a nice breeze and temps in the 80s. We slept with the windows open (yes, we have screens). But we are having a bit of an electrical problem here at the house. I am thankful that we have electricity since there are some who don't. I think the monsoon rains are getting into the wiring and causing a short circuit somewhere.

Today is Saturday. Seyhar, a dear brother, is coming by to work with me on the language to make sure I'm ready to preach in Khmer tomorrow. Preaching in Khmer is quite challenging, to say the least.

My Vietnamese language class had to be cancelled yesterday. I couldn't get to class because of the torrential downpour. All the streets were flooded. I asked the teacher to change my study time to 7:30 a.m. instead of 2:30 p.m. The rain is usually worse in the afternoon.

2 comments:

Billy Haas said...

Hi Tom and Laura,
Thanks for your prayers! I will tell Seyhar and Sokhany hello for you! God bless!

Billy Haas said...

Hi Pastor Cornelius,
We sure do appreciate you folks there in Comanche. I am STILL full from that Thanksgiving meal, brother! WOW! :-) I would love to get the materials from Gospel Ministries to Children. We don't have them now. Thanks!

Also looking up!
Bro. Billy Haas and Family