For Personal Gifts, Click Here! For Tax-Deductible Gifts, See Information Under "About Us"

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Meanwhile, Back At The Ranch...

It is a relief to be back in Cambodia after two weeks in Texas! Through the sacrifices of the Lord's people here in Cambodia, I was able to return to see my grandma again before she went home to be with the Lord. Our poor saints here in Cambodia gathered together an offering, a true sacrifice, in order that I might visit with her before she graduated on to Heaven. The Bible says that "all things work together for good," and while I was there, grandma passed away in her sleep at the age of 91. I was able to be there to help my mom and visit with her, family, and friends.

Things went well in my absence here. A young couple is joining the church. Pray for Pilot and Seila and their little boy. They are a good Christian couple and eager to serve the Lord in our church. He is praying about starting a small sewing business, sort of a mini-garment factory, and hire some of the young men and ladies in the church who are looking for work. Pray about this project. I want to try to help him do this because so many here have no jobs. It would be a blessing to the church to have more members working and able to contribute to the furtherance of the gospel. He needs to buy 20 sewing machines at $60 each. He would then hire 20 of the church members to work in the factory.

Construction has stopped on the new church building until we are able to acquire the rest of the funds needed to complete the project. We are still several thousand dollars short of being able to finish the building.

One more thing...I have changed the settings on the blog site now. I didn't know, until today, that you were required to have an account in order to post your comments. I have changed that and so feel free to send us a message. Also, to prevent spam comments, I have installed a "word verification" test on the comment page. That will cut down on spam. An actual person will have to type in the word in order to comment.

No comments: